Monday, November 19, 2012

Sequins For Daytime? I Think So!

I have noticed that many people shy away from sequins in their wardrobe. Many people aren’t quite sure how to wear them. They think they are great for New Year’s dresses and maybe Halloween costumes. They think they are pretty and fun, but to actually wear sequins in an everyday outfit? That’s another story…
However, that is the fun part about fashion these days! Something unexpected always adds the perfect punch. I personally feel that there is always room for a little sparkle. In fact, I think it is necessary! Too many things in life are too serious or monotonous; your wardrobe is a great way to lighten things up and have a little fun.




 In this outfit I have shown one of the greatest and easiest ways to wear sequins casually. I have paired my favorite sequin shorts with a faded chambray button-up shirt (This shirt is one of my favorite and most versatile pieces in my wardrobe,) which I have tucked in to accentuate my waist. I have added a deep plum-colored pair of tights, perfect for the fall, and then a simple black wedge lace-up bootie to complete the outfit. When you are wearing sequins or something equally flashy during the day, you want that piece to be the focus in the outfit, so it’s best to keep the accessories simple so they aren’t competing. Here, I have just added a large, menswear-inspired gold watch and a plain, gold double ring.  



This outfit would work just as well with a skirt in place of the shorts. It’s all about what you’re most comfortable with! Remember, you’re never too old to play dress-up!

<3 xoxo


faded chambray button-up shirt: Iris Los Angeles - purchased at Ross; sequin shorts: Authentic Icon - purchased at Kohl's; tights: Hue - purchased at Ross; booties: White Mt. - purchased at Ross; handbag: vintage thrift store find - Goodwill; gold watch: Merona - Target; gold double ring: Forever 21.

No comments: