Thursday, August 1, 2013

patterned tweed and simple tee

It was definitely love at first sight with this skirt. I loved the bright chartreuse color, first of all. Then as I ran my hand across the fabric, I was convinced. The tweed makes the skirt feel so rich and expensive! I immediately pictured ways I could wear it and this was the first look:


as you probably know by now, I love to pair casual with fancy, so I decided to wear this skirt with a simple gray tee. I chose one with dolman sleeves this time, but you could easily switch it out with any basic tee. Then to polish off the look, I added a black sandal with a mid-height heel. I chose a bolder shoe because the outfit is more fashion-forward than classic. 

As for the jewelry, a statement necklace, of course! I chose one with dark green stones to play off of the color of the skirt. I went with a few simple gold bangles and some fun leopard stud earrings. And finally, a red-orange lip, my favorite!


gray tee: Old Navy; chartreuse tweed skirt: ABS Platinum by Allen Schwartz - purchased at J.C. Penney; black sandals: Nine West - purchased at Ross; green and gold necklace: Forever 21; earrings and midi ring: Old Navy; gold and pearl ring: Forever 21; bangles: mixture of random pieces that I have acquired; lipstick: Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate in Rossetto


No comments: